The relationship between fitness and mental health is very important, with exercising, workout sessions, and fitness trainings providing many benefits for our mental health and emotional wellbeing. Many animals in their natural habitat move much more than us as part of their everyday life, but we as a species have become too sedentary. Incorporating movement and exercise into your lifestyle can greatly improve your health, both physically and mentally.
Jacqueline Harvey, fitness and wellness expert, has provided her 5 top tips to improve both your fitness and mental health.
1. Moving forward with your fitness training and exercise routines, make sure to set small achievable goals. Aiming for marathons etc. straight away is not necessary.
2. Try to workout at the time of day when you find your energy is at its highest, to improve not only your ability during the workout session, but also to improve your mood.
3. Working out only on the weekends, is just as good as regular or daily exercise sessions. Find the time that works best for you around your lifestyle. Also, you don’t have to feel like you’ve suffered to get the desired results.
4. All of your physical activities do not have to take place in the gym. Outdoor sessions can sometimes be more potent, elevating your mood and offering greater inspiration.
5. Don’t forgot to tap into free online exercises regimes! These can easily fit into your lifestyle and can be done as an online group, or as a solo activity.
If you have any further enquiries about this or wish to improve your health in general, book a FREE 15minute telephone consultation now!
For further updates follow us on Instagram and Facebook: @cchlivehealth
Sign up to our newsletter here to receive invitations to the Wellness Hub events and find out the latest news, information and advice from CCH Live.
#fitnessandmentalhealth #fitnessandmentalhealthfacts #fitnessandmentalhealthblog #physicalfitnesstrainingandmentalhealth #fitnessmentalhealthbenefits #fitnessexerciseandmentalhealth #emotionalandmentalhealthfitness #mentalhealthandfitnesstips